Thursday 23 April 2015

My Holiday Make-Up Essentials

This is year is the year I pack 'light'. I've been trying for a while to whittle down my makeup choices and it's something I've been struggling with for this years sunny, tropical, bikini-clad holiday! Now the majority of the day I'll be mainly makeup free, in other words bare faced with a quick slick of mascara... waterproof of course... but in the evenings I'll ramp it up with a full face of makeup - nothing too extravagant, more like a day to day look I'd normally wear at home. When I first grabbed what I thought I wanted to take I had to seriously re-evaluate, would I really wear everything I was going to take... probably not! So this is my very basic, minimal make up collection that will be accompanying me on holiday!


I'm going to be taking a rather large selection of lip products (woops!), but in all fairness they're all different types of lip products. First up is the No7 BB Lips in the shade Blush Coral. Now I know a lot of people say not to wear paler colours on holiday... but that is because those people tan, a lot, I on the other hand don't tan a lot, therefore it's okay! The darkest shade I'm taking is another No7 product, their High Shine Lip Crayon in the shade Tropical Beach, which is a really nice pinky/coraly colour. I've also decided to bring along one of my favourite duos, MACs lipstick in Pure Zen, paired with Sexy Mother Pucker by Soap and Glory in the shade Pink Apricot... Can you see a theme here? I like nude shades! I'm also bringing along the Carmex lip balm in Jasmine and Green Tea as well as a Nivea Hydra Care Lip Balm with SPF 15.

For face I've *tried* to keep it simple; just two foundations, one with slightly more coverage - L'oreal's True Match in Rose Beige and then a much lighter alternative, Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, both have SPF15 which is always a positive when going on holiday. For concealer I'm bringing along my trusty Maybelline's Eraser Eye Concealer. To take the shine away I've chosen MACs Mineralise Skin Finish Natural and to add definition to my cheek bones I'm bringing the Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in shade 2, and No7's Natural Blush Tint Powder in Coral Flush. I've also decided to bring a base, keeping it a light with Benefit's Porefessional, just because I want to make sure I have primed my skin before I put my makeup on, especially since I'll be covered in suncream all day.

Then for eyes, I'm trying out the No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define shadow sticks. There are so many of these kind of products available but these are a great dupe at half the price of other options such as the By Terry Ombre Blackstick which is £29, while the No7 version is only £8! The shades I have opted for are Glistening Ray - a beautiful golden shimmery shade, Coffee Bean - a rich brown shade, and Cool Mink - a soft bronze based brown.

 
I think I'll also bring along the Naked 2 Palette just so I have some powder based alternatives. As well as these bases I'll bring along my liquid eyeliner of choice, Rimmel's Glam Eye's Liner and then Benefit's Roller Lash which I am completely obsessed with! I've also got a waterproof mascara for the day time - No7's Intense Volume.

And that's it! I swear this is a basic version for me, it was extremely difficult to cut it down and it was a lot bigger before, I promise!! Do you have anything you love to take away with you?

Emma xx
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. Love this em! Your blogs are great, fab photos & very professional! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY AND LIGHT | All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig