Sunday 8 February 2015

Hauling #1

I thought I would share with you a few of my recent buys and make this a new regular post where I can gather my new discoveries and discuss them all with you.

I'm going to split this post into skincare and then make up, so lets begin!


  1. Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion:  I've heard some very good reviews of this product and I can't wait to start using it. It claims to help "visibly eliminate and prevent blackheads... it reaches deep down to remove trapped dirt and oil from your pores"... sounds lovely doesn't it!? Now I don't suffer badly from black heads but I would love to get rid of those little pesky few that just don't want to budge. I'll hopefully be writing a review on all things pores related soon so if this does the trick you may be seeing more of this product!
  2. Hope in a Jar - Oil free moisturiser: This was one of my many finds at work while rummaging through sale items. It's a lightweight, oil free moisturiser from Philosophy for normal to oily skin. I feel like this will be really good for the warmer months when you just want a light moisturiser, however in winter when it's freeeeeezing outside, I think that my skin needs that extra kick so I probably won't be using this in the near future, but a great find anyway.
  3. L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil: I've always been put off by cleansing oils - the thought of rubbing that sticky, greasy stuff all over my face kinda makes me want to cringe but this product is something else. I'll admit I have literally only used this a few times but it really does what it says on the tin - it removes all traces of make-up and it's lightweight and non greasy without leaving the skin feeling dried out. All you have to do after is wash your face with warm water - easy!
  4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+: This was just a re-purchase as I'm coming to the end of my first buy. I find this stuff actually works for me - it claims to be a "corrective, unclogging, anti imperfection cream". You can use morning and night on any imperfections you may have on your skin - may that be scarring marks, spots, redness etc. I would swear by this stuff so you will definitely be seeing more of it on here.
  1. Super Stay 7 days Gel Nail Colour: Another repurchase here, these nail colours are amazing - they don't chip, the colours are always really rich and pigmented and they really can stay on for 7 days. I previously had Hot Salsa and Nude Rose, but I saw these in Superdrug and couldn't help my self. The new shades are Divine Wine and Surreal. Divine Wine is a beautiful purple tinted berry shade, which I LOVEEEE for Winter and I feel I can wear it for any occasion with any outfit. Surreal i think will be a shade I get more wear out of in spring/summer as it's quite bright, but still a really nice lilac-y blue that could go with a lot of outfits.
  2. Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Eye Shadow: I think I may have spoken about these before - so yet another re-purchase, but these are amazing, a classic, no?! If you haven't heard of these, where have you been?! And if don't have one of these get yourself down to Boots or Superdrug and get your mitts on them! The shades are great and have a range from out-there to subtle. They're super blend-able and are great for the perfect 'cheat' smokey eye. The new additions/re-purchases are Pink Gold and On and On Bronze.
  3. YSL Volume False Lash Effect Mascara and Touch Eclat in Rose Gold: I was a little naughty in Boots the other day - I went in for oneeeee thing, and it was the Touch Eclat Radiant Touch in the rose gold packaging as i'd seen it all over the internet and I fell in love. But that wasn't where it ended... it never does in Boots does it?! There just happened to be an offer on if you brought two products where you got extra points on your Advantage card, so I couldn't say no and brought one of my all time favourite mascaras: the Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in black... woops! The touch eclat is just like the original, but more of a highlighter than a concealer in a really pretty rose gold shade, I'll let you know more once I get more use out of it :)
Have you brought anything recently? Be it a brand new find or a much-loved re-purchase?
Emma x

SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. I’m always looking for new blog ideas. I know I need to try a giveaway, for sure. Will bookmark to have as a reference.


    Hair Building Fiber
    Sandhi Sudha
    Step Up Height Increaser

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY AND LIGHT | All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig